Spherion Corporation was expanding from a staffing organization (formerly Interim Services) to a comprehensive workforce solutions provider and needed to expand its perceived brand value to command higher profit margins consistent with its new business mix. We created a series of American workforce studies to position Spherion as an expert on attracting, hiring and retaining full-time talent across all industries.
The program began in 1997 and today is still the cornerstone of the company’s marketing and public relations programs. Coined the “Spherion Emerging Workforce Study,” this integrated program utilized a complete integrated marketing program and became a brand with tremendous equity in and of itself, with applications across the enterprise as well as the organization’s eight specialty brands — generating a tremendous return on investment.
The content of the study, was push throughout a series of integrated programs including, public speaking events, website, YouTube video series, email and print communication, blogs, Facebook, linked, and twitter.
- 2,500 Facebook “fans”
- 1,435 Twitter followers & online coverage
- 2,914 Web visits & 5,828 page views
- Survey banner ads yielded click through of 1.89% vs. avg.
Monster click through of 0.36%
- 1,000 press articles with comparative ad value of $12 million, surpassing all of its national competitors
- Fortune, BusinessWeek, USA Today, Wall Street Journal
- 75 C-level one-on-one meetings in its first year of release
- –Deloitte & Touche, Dell, IBM, Mattel, Office
Depot, Global Health Sciences, Bass, Sun Microsystems
- 300 corporate client seminars and speaking engagements, countless field engagements
- $23 million from new business development briefings